Friday, May 26, 2017
14 - Hacking the KANKUN SMART PLUG
HACKING THE KANKUN SMART PLUG
- Layout for this exercise:
- In this exercise we will use a Phyton script written by 0x00string. It is available here:
- The Python script allows to control the Kankun Smart Plug form a computer connected to the same network (OK_SP3) created by the plug.
- The script takes advantage of the AES key used by Kankun and discovered in the previous post.
- Let's open the script kkeps_controller.py:
- For the purpose of hacking the plug we need its MAC address:
- That MAC address must be introduced into the script as the variable RMAC:
- The usage of the script requires the parameter -a --action:
- Now, lets use kkeps_controller.py with -a on:
- The red light goes on and the connected lamp turns on:
- Using kkeps_controller.py with -a off:
- The red light goes off and the connected lamp turns off: